Last Updated: January 23rd, 2019
Phone: (877) 903.2664
Last modified: February 8, 2020
Children under 13 Years of Age: The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information VIM Collects: Certain areas of VIM’s website and social media pages may require individuals to register and/or create an account to enable access to content and offers. Information that individuals opt to provide to VIM in connection with registration may include name, date of birth, home address or ZIP code, e-mail address, phone number and preferred VIM location. VIM collects such information as part of the registration process. VIM may also use a variety of technologies to collect information directly from individuals, including cookies and web beacons, and may collect information provided by the individual’s web browser, such as internet protocol address and operating system. Our web server uses an extended log file format which captures: date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to a VIM website), types of computing devices and Internet browsers, and visitors’ IP addresses. (Each computer that connects to the Internet is assigned a unique number, an IP address, for identification purposes). The log file does not capture a visitor’s email address.
Removal of cookies from computing devices: Individuals may remove cookies their computing devices’ memories, including cookies placed by or through the use of the VIM website or social media pages. Please check with the applicable browser provider for more information on removing cookies.
Nature of VIM’s Use of Information Collected: The information collected by VIM through this App, on its websites and through its social media pages is used to improve the services we offer, to improve the website and social media content we provide, to contact customers regarding updates to such content and for other marketing purposes, including targeted marketing of offers related to our product offerings.
Our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use PII in connection with the services they perform for us, including services performed in fulfilling the purpose for which an individual provided PII.
Service providers to our advertisers: Our advertisers may contract with companies who handle data (such as advertisers’
customer lists) for them.
Our subsidiaries and related companies: Our affiliates may assist VIM in providing and marketing its services to the public,
including through the use and analysis of information we collect from individuals.
- Courts or opposing parties in legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of VIM, our advertisers or any other third party.
- An acquirer or merger partner in connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets or is merged with VIM, we may disclose PII in connection with the sale.
- Third Parties Using Aggregated and/or Anonymized Information: We may disclose aggregated, anonymized information to our advertisers and other third parties. We also share anonymized technical data that we collect about individuals’ Internet connections, browsing habits and computing devices and web browsers (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to individuals.
- Any third party in accordance individuals’ express permission. We may disclose your PII to any third party as directed by you.
Opting out of receiving further VIM communication: We recognize how important online privacy is, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads individuals receive and how we use collected data (California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices – please see the “California Privacy Rights” section below):
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by VIM: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by VIM or on its behalf by clicking on the opt-out icon in the ads VIM serves. Please note that, if you delete cookies or upgrades a web browser after having opted out, additional opt-out action may be required. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices, opt-out action may be required on each browser or device.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted, interest-based or on-line behavioral ads through advertising associations: You may use the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out tool at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from VIM and from NAI-approved member companies. You may also opt out of receiving targeted, interest-based or on-line behavioral ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and Your Online Choices website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
Access to and correction of PII held by VIM: If you wish to gain access to, correct, amend or delete any PII or other information about you held by VIM, you may submit a request to VIM’s privacy officer at the address provided below. VIM will exercise good faith efforts to provide access to such information to the extent it is available within a reasonable time, and to correct, amend or delete such information to the extent it is believed to be inaccurate or sought to be deleted, except where the burden or expense of providing access, correction or amendment would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the particular instance or where the rights of other persons would be violated.
California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://www.vimaec.com/privacypolicy-californiaresidents California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine the Light” law) permits users of our website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of PII to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail request to email@example.com.
Notice to California Residents under the Age of 18: If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and we have actual knowledge of your age, under California law you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information you have provided to us. To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that removal of your information does not ensure complete removal of the content. For example, removal may not be permitted if another provision of law requires the content to be maintained.
Data Security: VIM has implemented measures designed to secure personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of personal information also depends on individual conduct – where VIM has given individuals access to certain parts of its website or social media pages through passwords and the like, such individuals are responsible for keeping such access information confidential. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not fully secure, and although VIM endeavors to protect personal information against unauthorized access or distribution, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to VIM’s website or social media pages, and such transmission of personal information is at the individual’s own risk.
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION: We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. . Users may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION: We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION: VIMaec may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
– To run and operate our Site
We may need your information display content on the Site correctly.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION: We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may share or sell information with third parties for marketing or other purposes.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS: By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. This policy was created with http://www.Privacy Policies.com
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link. https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out